Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn More About Tesla
The primary responsibility for this role is providing advice, guidance and support the local operations in Germany. Operating as HRBP, you will ensure that all HR policies and procedures are implemented in line with legislative and audit requirements in conjunction with global requirements.
We work hard and play hard and operate as one team. Check your ego at the door. We don’t allow them on the property. We care about people, growth, excellence and results. We tend to lose sleep over them as this is not easy. Bottom line, we are in search of real people that believe in and deliver the impossible every day.
Reporting to the EMEA HR Lead, and supporting the Global HR Team we are looking for an experienced HR professional who enjoys driving engagement and building organizational scalability. No day is the same and the ideal fit is someone who thrives in a dynamic organization where anything is possible and much is still being built.
- Build trusted relationships with stakeholders and leaders in the business (if established: be a member of country / local leadership team)
- Drive the local implementation of key initiatives in alignment with the broader HR strategy and business requirements
- Coach, develop and support local leadership on an ongoing basis – build local leadership capability
- Support leaders with performance acceleration and drive performance improvement initiatives and a culture of excellence
- Facilitate group sessions regarding Tesla’s annual engagement survey and work with local management on action planning, ensure consistent follow-up and progress accountability
- Work with leadership on building Culture (workforce sustainability, health, well-being)
- Advise on local labor law regulations and implication and guide / coach leaders through conflict handling and grievance (in collaboration with Employee Relations and Employment Counsel)
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, promotions and job re-leveling
- Support in organizing and facilitating workshops for local stakeholders on any relevant/ required topics (from leadership to teaming to labor law, new process implementation etc…)
- Champion the HR team; be an ambassador for the team on the ground and support in building our powerful brand and reputation
- Ensure close collaboration with HR Partners from other geographies and business units to guarantee common direction, sharing of best practices and creation of synergies
- Local labour regulations
- Recognize yourself in the Tesla brand, you are energetic, entrepreneurial, and innovative in your approach
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solution
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Extensive knowledge of local labour laws
- Fluent in English and German language
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.